Now that we have slept off the holiday excesses and dragged ourselves back to work, it is time to ask that inevitable question "What do I want to achieve in 2018"? I'm not talking about New Years Resolutions (when have they ever worked?), I'm talking about taking a quiet moment to think about what 2018 holds for us.
This is a photo from my summer and it really speaks to me about goals and targets and that 'one-in-a-million' jackpot. Of course if it leads to a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow then that's even better! But seriously, it has nudged me into
- setting some serious goals (like entering a woven piece into a competition),
- evaluating the weaving that excited me the most in 2017 (learning to dye yarns and hand paint warps for my watercolour scarves),
- looking at my most successful lines from last year (the Recycled Bag Bags) and how I can be smarter in making them,
- and looking at what didn't work as well (mmmm that's like choosing the least favourite child!)
- and finally choosing a direction for new product development (all I can say is finely woven fabrics, shining gold and red rayon threads, and evening bags....)
So that's the outline of my year - what does yours look like?